Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Bluetooth not working after sleep

My Mac bluetooth will not work after mac wake up from sleep, occasionally. Whenever I attempt to turn off the bluetooth when this happens, the Bluetooth settings UI just freezes, till I restart the Mac.

Once it's restarted, everything works again. It's so cumbersome to do restart every time just to fix this How to fix this? Is the Bluetooth module faulty?

My Mac is MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017), Mojave OS 10.14.3 (18D109)

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 6:44 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 2, 2019 7:35 AM in response to kkl_gutstudio

Good morning kkl_gutstudio,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues with your Bluetooth when your Mac wakes from sleep. What Bluetooth device are you having an issue with? Is your MacBook connected to an external display? Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try for sleep/wake and Bluetooth issues:

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected

• "Reset the SMC.
  • Reset NVRAM.
  • Disconnect external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep. Then check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer.
  • Start up in Safe Mode to see if the issue is related to non-Apple startup items, login items, or kernel extensions. 
  • Try to isolate the issue by using another user account

If you still see the issue, contact Apple Support."

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Take care.

Mac Bluetooth not working after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.