Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth not turning on

I am frustrated too by bluetooth issues - I am on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on an iMac 21.5 late 2012

First of all my keyboard or mouse tells me - connection lost- after a few minutes when not touching any key or mouse movement.

Usually I put him/her/it to sleep when absent for a break. After the break I cannot wakeup the iMac with a keystroke nor moving the mouse. Only thru restart I can get out of that trouble.

I see that last posts are from 2019 - now in 2022 still same sh...? I tried the given workarounds - no luck.

I can not upgrade to newer macOS Versions (hardware to old)

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 8:45 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 27, 2022 2:51 AM in response to tlchzj79

Q - " I am on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on an iMac 21.5 late 2012 "

Q -" I can not upgrade to newer macOS Versions (hardware to old) "

A - macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements this computer does Qualify to run Catalina macOS 10.15

A - Notation - Mojave is the Last version to support 32 bit applications / extensions and Drivers. Catalina, Big Sur & Monterey supports only 64 bit and there is no workaround.

Suggest using Go64 to find 32 bit application before attempting the upGrade. Some or many of the Application already installed may required update or upGrades to 64 Bit Versions.

Apr 27, 2022 3:18 AM in response to PRP_53

@P.Phillips I am refering to this thread

Bluetooth not connecting after Mojave 10.… - Apple Community last posts Dec 2019.

Obviously no solution was presented. Not even an upgrade to Catalina -which someone did- resolved the problem.

I checked hardware requirements for my iMac.

As for today I can say that powering down the iMac with no bluetooth keyboard / mouse powered on resovled the problem. After power on I was asked to present a keyboard and voila it activated bluetooth connection

Apr 27, 2022 6:28 AM in response to tlchzj79

That is because the User does not have the Full Version of Catalina .

The User is attempting to install an UpDate for an already existing installed version of Catalina

There is Only One way to get the Full Version of Catalina 10.15.7 offered by Apple

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this <<<<< How to get old versions of macOS >>>>>>>and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

Apr 27, 2022 4:26 AM in response to tlchzj79

Good the solution was found.

Having know the solution - why was the question posted in the first place.

Unless, there was some other agenda

The Advise was in reference to the statement by the User >>

" I am on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on an iMac 21.5 late 2012 "

" I can not upgrade to newer macOS Versions (hardware to old) "

Which was not accurate

bluetooth not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.