Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New (Worse) iTunes Search Bar Functionality?

I think I recently updated iTunes to 12.8.2.3, and the search seems different. Let's say I want to search for anything in my library with the words "Tycho" and "Dive" (I am doing this from the "Songs" tab on the left, which displays all the songs in my library). So I type "Tycho Dive" into the search bar. Before it would do an automatic filter of everything in my library, now it refuses to do it. Anybody else noticing this? I Googled it and don't see anything.

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 5:35 AM

Click the magnifying glass in the search box. I prefer the behaviour with Search Entire Library turned off. Search results may be dependent on which columns are visible in the Songs view of the library or playlist.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 1, 2019 12:43 PM in response to 2xUeL

I've been trying a lot of different fixes and nothing is working, I've been on the phone with Apple tech support, I've upgraded to Mojave, I reindexed the iTunes folder in Spotlight, I even deleted my library and reinstalled it.

The problem is precisely this: if you type in the name of an artist, THEN the name of an album by that artist, it doesn't filter properly (it doesn't filter at all). Seems like a bug to me.

New (Worse) iTunes Search Bar Functionality?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.