Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes search songs settings?

I would like to edit or adjust the way my itunes shows me search results. The previous OS when you wanted to search for a song in itunes would be a search window for the upper right of the screen it would still show you all of yours songs but the search would only display those results in the same window.

I very much dislike and hate the new itunes search box is now it's junk. I will revert my OS and itunes to previous version if I can't find a way to adjust the settings / look and function of the search bar. The new one does not work well or allow me to quickly navigate and edit multiple songs.

Any fix for a setting to get pre catalina OS itunes search function in the new one? there was nothing wrong or annoying with the old itunes search.

0/10 itunes use right now with this issue

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 7:53 PM

Greetings FreePress,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious if the search settings are able to be adjusted in Music on your Mac, as you mentioned you prefer how searching for music functioned in iTunes with macOS Mojave.

There is not a setting available in Music to adjust the search feature. You're welcome to leave feedback to Apple with your thoughts on searching in Music from the following website: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 7:53 PM in response to FreePress

Greetings FreePress,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious if the search settings are able to be adjusted in Music on your Mac, as you mentioned you prefer how searching for music functioned in iTunes with macOS Mojave.

There is not a setting available in Music to adjust the search feature. You're welcome to leave feedback to Apple with your thoughts on searching in Music from the following website: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers.

Nov 18, 2019 10:28 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for the link to leave support feedback for software suggestions even some of the apple ones are not up to date.

I will make a means to wipe this mac after backing up a thing or two and reclaim my old search function for my music needs. Thanks for giving me a good clear response, this feels like an oversight as the feature is more of a step backward to currently search your library from my many many years using itunes. I wonder how many others feels as strongly as I on what was lost to us in installing Catalina.

~cheers

itunes search songs settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.