Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Activity: Monthly challenge Bug

Each first of the month the new monthly challenge appears on the badges tab.....and then every month it changes....what gives? This happens every...single...month. I am given a challenge on the first and within the next few days it changes to something entirely different. (Doesn't matter how much if the challenge I have completed etc.)

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 3:01 AM

13 replies

Mar 2, 2019 3:10 AM in response to Hockey_Mom

Motivate your friends

After you start sharing your activity, you can check on your friends and help motivate them to meet their goals. When you get a notification about a friend's activity, you can reply with preset smack talk or encouragement. And, when your friend closes all three rings or earns certain achievements, you can challenge them to a competition directly from the notification.

Stop sharing

If you want to stop sharing, you can mute notifications, hide your progress, or remove a friend. 

Mute notifications

1. Open the Activity app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap the Sharing tab, then tap your friend.
  3. Tap Mute Notifications. To get notifications again, tap Unmute Notifications.

Hide your progress

2. Tap the Sharing tab, then tap the friend that you want to hide your activity from. 
  3. Tap Hide my Activity. You can still see your friend's activity, but they won't see your activity. You can't hide your activity from a friend that you're competing with.
  4. To start sharing again, tap Show my Activity.

Remove a friend

2. Tap the Sharing tab, then tap your friend. 
  3. Tap Remove Friend. After you remove a friend, they can't see your activity, and you can't see their activity. To start sharing again, send your friend a new invite.

Mar 5, 2019 3:32 AM in response to Hockey_Mom

I have had the same issue with my Apple Watch too.

On 1st March 2019 my monthly challenge was to walk 181 miles but today it has changed to "Double your Move goal 5 times this month"

This happened last month too but I thought it was just a glitch, but here's the same issue again this month.

I've got an iPhone 8 MQ6H2B/A with iOS 12.1.4 and an Apple Watch MJ2X2B/A with watchOS 4.3.2

I also see a bug in the Health app not reading the number of days in the month correctly. e.g. In February it says I completed my Move goal 29 of 29 days, but there are only 28 days in February. IN November 2018 it says I completed my Move goal 31 of 31 days (30 day month) and in December 2018 32 of 32 days (in a 31 day month)

Apple Watch Activity: Monthly challenge Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.