Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Subscription through Verizon won't verify!

I signed up for an Apple Music Subscription through Verizon on February 5, 2019. I have been unable to listen to Apple Music this whole time. It will not link my Apple ID with my Subscription through Verizon. I am caught in a never-ending loop where it keeps sending me back to the verify your subscription through Verizon page. I have searched the internet exhaustive for a solution and have found nothing that will work. I have signed in and out of iCloud numerous times. I have posted in the Verizon forums and no one acknowledges the question. I have reset my phone and reset my phone settings. What in the world is going on here? Honestly, this shouldn't be this hard! Please help resolve this! So frustrating!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 9:44 AM

I finally got the issue resolved on April 8, 2019. I had to go to Apple Support and the issue had to be escalated to the Engineering department as none of the Techs I worked with were able to help me resolve it. In the end, I figured the issue out myself and resolved it, however, they did point me in the right direction that ultimately resulted in my resolution. Without them I wouldn't have been thinking about my Apple ID being associated with someone else.

They had me looking on family members phones to see if my Apple ID was somehow listed on their accounts and it wasn't, but I was thinking about that and I went into my contacts and noticed that had double contacts for 1 of my family members. As I looked down through the information on the contact, I noticed that on the one contact it said: Linked ID: and my Apple ID was listed there. It was at the very bottom of the contact info. I looked everywhere to see how to "unlink" it but I wasn't successful, so I just decided to delete the contact. After that, something just told me to go check and see if my subscription would verify and it verified my subscription immediately and the problem was resolved! 

To summarize, the issue was with my Apple ID being linked to or associated with another Apple Music Subscriber's ID.  Until I found the association and deleted/resolved it, nothing was going to work. Let's just say that Apple is SERIOUS about not letting anyone rip them off by sharing Apple Music Subscriptions and since there was this one little instance where my Apple ID was linked or associated with theirs, they were NOT going to let me have an Apple Music Subscription until that issue was resolved. 

I haven't found this solution listed anywhere that I looked and it took over 2 months to figure this out, so I hope this helps someone else with the same issue!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2019 9:44 AM in response to Kathy_71

I finally got the issue resolved on April 8, 2019. I had to go to Apple Support and the issue had to be escalated to the Engineering department as none of the Techs I worked with were able to help me resolve it. In the end, I figured the issue out myself and resolved it, however, they did point me in the right direction that ultimately resulted in my resolution. Without them I wouldn't have been thinking about my Apple ID being associated with someone else.

They had me looking on family members phones to see if my Apple ID was somehow listed on their accounts and it wasn't, but I was thinking about that and I went into my contacts and noticed that had double contacts for 1 of my family members. As I looked down through the information on the contact, I noticed that on the one contact it said: Linked ID: and my Apple ID was listed there. It was at the very bottom of the contact info. I looked everywhere to see how to "unlink" it but I wasn't successful, so I just decided to delete the contact. After that, something just told me to go check and see if my subscription would verify and it verified my subscription immediately and the problem was resolved! 

To summarize, the issue was with my Apple ID being linked to or associated with another Apple Music Subscriber's ID.  Until I found the association and deleted/resolved it, nothing was going to work. Let's just say that Apple is SERIOUS about not letting anyone rip them off by sharing Apple Music Subscriptions and since there was this one little instance where my Apple ID was linked or associated with theirs, they were NOT going to let me have an Apple Music Subscription until that issue was resolved. 

I haven't found this solution listed anywhere that I looked and it took over 2 months to figure this out, so I hope this helps someone else with the same issue!

Apple Music Subscription through Verizon won't verify!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.