Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I suddenly can not import/upload video shot with my iphone 8 and image capture

For years it has been seamless doing it this way. I don't like using iTunes, prefer using image capture. Current OS, High Sierra, and this operation has worked before on this OS. Now I get this message:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9937.) (-9937). They aren't very large files, 200mb max.

Thanks.

s

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 1:33 PM

Have a look under Settings>Photos and at the bottom under “Transfer to Mac or PC”, try “Automatic”.

If that works it may have been due to the video file being incompatible with your computer, probably due to the camera being set to high efficiency mode.

Alternatively you could try going to Settings>Camera>Formats and change “High Efficiency” to “Most Compatible”.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2019 1:33 PM in response to postcromag

Have a look under Settings>Photos and at the bottom under “Transfer to Mac or PC”, try “Automatic”.

If that works it may have been due to the video file being incompatible with your computer, probably due to the camera being set to high efficiency mode.

Alternatively you could try going to Settings>Camera>Formats and change “High Efficiency” to “Most Compatible”.

I suddenly can not import/upload video shot with my iphone 8 and image capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.