Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail

I cannot add my AOL account to Apple mail, ---- I had previously added it and other gmail accounts, but it stopped getting AOL mail so I deleted it (AOL) and now can't add it back! Keeps telling me that my username and or password cannot be verified. Yet I am entering the correct details as I can log into my AOL account via AOL, just not through Apple Mail.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 2:48 PM

Thanks leroydouglas, but I have just seemed to solve it by browsing some previous questions on this site!

The problem in my case has been solved by enabling two-step verification on my AOL account. Then generating passwords for the Mac and iPad which Apple Mail has recognised.

Your suggestion may well have worked and if I have problems in future I may well try that, so thank you for your speedy response.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2019 2:48 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks leroydouglas, but I have just seemed to solve it by browsing some previous questions on this site!

The problem in my case has been solved by enabling two-step verification on my AOL account. Then generating passwords for the Mac and iPad which Apple Mail has recognised.

Your suggestion may well have worked and if I have problems in future I may well try that, so thank you for your speedy response.

Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.