Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to re-add AOL mail account

I've stopped receiving mail through my AOL account on iPhone, iPad and Mac. When trying to access my AOL account via Apple devices I was getting the familiar "unable to verify account name and password".

After lots of online research I took the plunge to delete the accounts and re-add them.

I successfully deleted my AOL account on iPhone and re-added with no problem.

However, having deleted the email accounts on my ipad and Mac, I'm unable to add them again, with the familiar response being shown as above.

Please can someone help me with this issue. I'm sure there is something simple to do and would therefore welcome anyone's help with this frustrating issue. Simple key-stroke steps please, as I'm not techy.

Thanks ever so.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 12:42 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2018 11:11 AM in response to fyip

I changed my password previously and while my iPhone and iPad have updated after removing the AOL account and re-adding, I’m unable to do the same on my imac.

After another couple of hours searching and staring at my screen, I’m no further forward with the issue to re-add my AOL account to my Mac.

Is there any other advice?

Thanks

Unable to re-add AOL mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.