Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not downloading music with cloud beside it

Ok, I subscribed to iTunes Match. It shows several songs are matched. Some of those have a cloud with a downward arrow next to the word matched. I ask for it to download and in the right corner of the menu bar I get a spinning circle with a downward arrow and it just spins and never gets the song downloaded. Now right under the song that is matched is another song with the same name and it says Apple Music. Is that why the matched song never down loads? I'm afraid to delete the matched song because that's the one in my library.

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 12:40 PM

You mean nothing in that screenshot will download, or just the two items that say No Longer Available? Those two would be typical of content that has been removed from the iTunes Store by its right's holders, and there is nothing you can do fix that unless you have original copies you can restore or re-rip. For anything else try closing iTunes and delete the Downloads folder that should be in your iTunes Media folder, then start iTunes up again. If you are using Windows try right-clicking the iTunes shortcut and using run as administrator.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2019 12:40 PM in response to Toyboy

You mean nothing in that screenshot will download, or just the two items that say No Longer Available? Those two would be typical of content that has been removed from the iTunes Store by its right's holders, and there is nothing you can do fix that unless you have original copies you can restore or re-rip. For anything else try closing iTunes and delete the Downloads folder that should be in your iTunes Media folder, then start iTunes up again. If you are using Windows try right-clicking the iTunes shortcut and using run as administrator.

tt2

Mar 5, 2019 9:29 AM in response to Toyboy

If an item says that it is Apple Music then it won't be the original file that was matched or uploaded from your computer. Do you have all of your original media backed up elsewhere so you can resolve any problems with mismatches or accidental deletions? Try using File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library to see if that cleans out any unexpected duplicates. The other way is to sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in again, but that may remove any local Apple Music downloads.

tt2

iTunes not downloading music with cloud beside it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.