Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files can't be removed in CleanMyMac Scan: is it a problem or not?

I get this message and want to know if I should be concerned or nothing to worry about?

/Library/Caches/com.apple.safaridavclient: “com.apple.safaridavclient” couldn’t be removed because you don’t have permission to access it.

/Library/Caches/com.apple.HomeKit.configurations: “com.apple.HomeKit.configurations” couldn’t be removed because you don’t have permission to access it.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 7:00 AM

12 replies

May 10, 2019 2:44 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

And here I've been looking for a good wintertime 'move car back on road' application;

I especially prefer to tell the car where I want to go, and suggest shortcuts to autopilot.

Tow truck drivers don't mind if I give them a big tip; either. Same thing I suppose with

those who didn't grow up behind the wheel of an old Mac; when you'd be expected to

perform odd tasks such as 'tilting at windmills', or run odd utilities to help Mac just work.

Never found 'cleanmymac' or other bad softwares in my macs; never asked any to go for a ride either.

🌞Good luck & happy computing!🌎

May 10, 2019 12:46 PM in response to Kayser_Sose

Kayser_Sose wrote:

Couldn't find posts with issues like the ones you are mentioning. Do yo have any links that you can share?

You're not gong to find posts that say "CleanMyMac" broke my computer (well, occasionally) because usually, what happens, is that someone shows up here saying their computer is running slow or has some other problem. They don't know why they have a problem. After a lot of questions and convincing them to post ther EtreCheck report, someone sees that they have CleanMyMac or something similar installed. Once they uninstall it, things get much better.

Many of longtime users have spent days in a thread walking people through troubleshooting. And, applications like CleanMyMac are frequently implicated.

Files can't be removed in CleanMyMac Scan: is it a problem or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.