Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the paragraph style I generated cannot be applied once I clicked on it?

I defined paragraph styles under pages: heading level 1, heading level 2, figure caption, body, etc.

However, whenever I copy and paste or type some new text into the document, the new text are not following the paragraph style I defined (font, or line space, etc..).

If I clicked "Heading level 1" from format tab, trying to change the line into a defined style, it never changes to the style I defined, on the contrary, the paragraph style in use will show a * after it.

Did I do something wrong? Please let me know. Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 11:31 PM

Hi Ming,

The * means that the Style has some overrides.

Click in the paragraph, then click on the disclosure triangle to reveal the Styles. Do not click on Update as that will change all paragraphs of that Style to the override!

Choose the Style and then click on the right arrow. Clear Override.

Another way is to use Menu > Edit > Paste and Match Style in stead of Paste.

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2019 11:31 PM in response to ming152

Hi Ming,

The * means that the Style has some overrides.

Click in the paragraph, then click on the disclosure triangle to reveal the Styles. Do not click on Update as that will change all paragraphs of that Style to the override!

Choose the Style and then click on the right arrow. Clear Override.

Another way is to use Menu > Edit > Paste and Match Style in stead of Paste.

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Why the paragraph style I generated cannot be applied once I clicked on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.