Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Iphone Phishing scam

Hi all,

I recently got my phone stolen so went through the normal steps of setting up lost mode on Find My IPhone and monitoring it's progression. After having not heard anything for nearly a month I had given up and moved on, thinking that it had been erased or that the hackers had given up trying to get into it.

This week I receive a message from an unknown number claiming to be Apple saying that my phone has been located followed by a link to be able to locate it. Although there is no update on the FMI app and I've received no email from Apple, I decide to click the link which sends me to a very realistic looking FMI website, complete with the compass animation, asking for my login and password (in an attempt to phish them). The address of the website is obviously not a real Apple one but on the whole the scam seems pretty well executed.

I've received 7 messages from 4 different numbers over 48 hours, all very similar and using two different links. Unfortunately the first link that led to the FMI website is now dead and I didn't record it, this second one is a lot less realistic as it shows a blurred map whilst asking for login details.

I've included as many screenshots as I can as I haven't found any other accounts of this scam online (might be a new thing?) and I think it's important to get the word out.

P.S: For clarification, they got my phone number from the FMI lost mode message I set up, and I assume they got my name and email address from the iCloud verification that blocks the lost phone when it is turned back on (hence why they need my password to unlock it).

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 1:34 AM

If you still have them you could copy and forward them to Apple : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Find My Iphone Phishing scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.