Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phishing sms for find my phone

i got sms today at my iPhone 11 saying that my lost phone iPhone XR was located and link to click  apple.***.house-Huti. and I clicked and prompted for Apple ID. As soon as I logged in, link said service inactive. Later I logged in to I my account and realized I no longer have the phone that was set to lost mode under my device list. 530 378 **** is number sent me sms. I had 2fa. But some how they rétived my id and manged to send me the phishing link. I changed my password. Now I am panicking what else they got hold off !

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:41 PM

The crooks with your phone texted you, most likely. You then gave them your Apple ID and password, which means you now get to reset everything, everywhere, all of including all of your email passwords and your app login tokens and... everything. Quite probably including your credit cards. Best case, they just unlock your activation-locked lost phone. Worst case, you get your devices wiped or ransomed, and you get a new Apple ID, new credit cards, and the rest.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 4:41 PM in response to ishrat257

The crooks with your phone texted you, most likely. You then gave them your Apple ID and password, which means you now get to reset everything, everywhere, all of including all of your email passwords and your app login tokens and... everything. Quite probably including your credit cards. Best case, they just unlock your activation-locked lost phone. Worst case, you get your devices wiped or ransomed, and you get a new Apple ID, new credit cards, and the rest.

Jan 6, 2020 6:39 AM in response to MrHoffman

I agree. It is pretty obvious who ever took my phone was not just a random person. Is a member of organized ring. I did some google against the phone number that SMS came form. There multiple victims like me who experienced same and received text from that number. Hope Apple take notice since same number being used for the scam. I still don’t know how they new my phone number since the number was transferred to different device and phone was left lost mode.

phishing sms for find my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.