Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add Apple Music library to iTunes on my Macbook

I am trying to sync my Apple Music playlists to iTunes on my Macbook. I am clicking "iCloud Music Library..." from the preferences menu and then clicking OK. Doing so results in the following error:

"You have reached your authorized machine limit. You have reached your limit of 5 authorized machines. You must deauthorize one of your machines before adding this computer."

After this, I went through Account > View My Account > Manage Devices and removed old devices on the list I don't own any more from 2012 to 2015 or so. There are now only 2 devices listed on the list (my home PC and my Android phone).

I assume this would mean I don't have 5 authorized machines, yet if I try to go through the original steps again, I still receive the error message about the "You have reached your authorized machine limit..." I tried restarting and waiting till the next day, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas? are there additional steps I need to take to "deauthorize"?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 7:53 AM

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community. You likely need to deauthorize all, then authorize the computers you actively use. This is different from removing associations.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot add Apple Music library to iTunes on my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.