Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air gets hung up especially with pinterest and starts wining

My MacBook Air often gets hung-up especially I notice in Pinterest and Facebook then starts wining.

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 2:25 PM

Hi there, snowedinagain.

I see that your MacBook Air stops responding from time to time. You've noticed it happens when you're using Pinterest or Facebook especially. I'm happy to help.

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues -- If you're using Safari to access those sites, the steps in this article can help.

How to force an app to quit on your Mac -- If you're using an application and not a browser, review the information and apply the steps provided in this article.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac -- If the issue isn't limited to Safari or an application, reset the System Management Controller. Follow the steps under "How to reset the SMC on Mac notebooks" for a nonremovable battery. See how your MacBook Air responds.

How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac -- If it's still happening, use Activity Monitor to see how the CPU and Memory of your MacBook Air are working. This section explains what you're seeing for the CPU. This section is for the Memory.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2019 2:25 PM in response to snowedinagain

Hi there, snowedinagain.

I see that your MacBook Air stops responding from time to time. You've noticed it happens when you're using Pinterest or Facebook especially. I'm happy to help.

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues -- If you're using Safari to access those sites, the steps in this article can help.

How to force an app to quit on your Mac -- If you're using an application and not a browser, review the information and apply the steps provided in this article.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac -- If the issue isn't limited to Safari or an application, reset the System Management Controller. Follow the steps under "How to reset the SMC on Mac notebooks" for a nonremovable battery. See how your MacBook Air responds.

How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac -- If it's still happening, use Activity Monitor to see how the CPU and Memory of your MacBook Air are working. This section explains what you're seeing for the CPU. This section is for the Memory.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

MacBook Air gets hung up especially with pinterest and starts wining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.