Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I tell my iPod to sync just the first 2 tunes from each of the albums in my library?

Can I tell my iPod to sync just the first 2 tunes from each of the albums in my library?

[Email Edited by Host]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 9:17 AM

Hi Donald!

If you go get not iTunes from your computer and sync your iPod there should be an iPod in the in the top left corner.press that than it should go onto a screen that shows your storage etc.. press than press the button that says choose music then choose the music you want

hope that helps

3 replies

Mar 17, 2019 11:34 AM in response to donaldfromnorth providence

Yes, you can. There are several methods. For now, I'll just mention a simple one. If it doesn't suit you, we can look at an alternative.

If you have your iTunes set to Sync only ticked songs and videos, then removing the tick in your Library from any song that you don't want on the iPod will do the trick.

The ticks are shown in the screenshot below:

Then, connect your iPod to the computer and click on the iPod icon when it appears:

which shows the Device/Settings/Summary pane. Make sure Sync only ticked songs and videos is turned on (your screen may look slightly different to mine):

Click on the Sync button for these changes to take effect. It's in the lower right corner of the iTunes window, but not shown in the screenshots.

Once you have the settings as you want them, it's simple to then put the missing songs on your iPod when you want to:

• turn the tick on for any song you now want on the iPod
  • turn the tick off for any song you wish to remove from the iPod
  • connect the Pod and let it complete a Sync
  • Eject the iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.