Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't the playlists on my iphone are showing up on my home Mac.

I have a bunch of playlists on my phone, but when I sync it and open up iTunes on my Mac at home, none of the playlists are visible. I want to be able to sort then, look for duplicates, etc, and I can't. Super frustrating especially since I have the full family membership and Apple Music subscription. Can anyone help?

Is it just me or has iTunes has gone from one of the most use-friendly, intuitive music services to one of the worst. It is unbelievably frustrating. Given all the competition in this space, I would think Apple would be more on the ball.

Greatly appreciate any support the community can offer.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 10:51 AM

In order to have a match between the library on your phone and on your computer, they must be using the same Apple ID (log in on account in iTunes), and both have Apple Music and iCloud Music Library activated, and internet connected.

In iTunes on a computer, you may find these settings in Preferences﹥General.

Then the Library and playlists should match automatically, including transfers of any edits.

When signed out of your account in iTunes (menu Account), you are also signed out of Apple Music there, including the iCloud Music Library. Log back in to resume service.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2019 10:51 AM in response to jg073

In order to have a match between the library on your phone and on your computer, they must be using the same Apple ID (log in on account in iTunes), and both have Apple Music and iCloud Music Library activated, and internet connected.

In iTunes on a computer, you may find these settings in Preferences﹥General.

Then the Library and playlists should match automatically, including transfers of any edits.

When signed out of your account in iTunes (menu Account), you are also signed out of Apple Music there, including the iCloud Music Library. Log back in to resume service.

Why aren't the playlists on my iphone are showing up on my home Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.