Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists won't sync after turning on Apple Music

I have playlists on my iTunes that I used to sync with my iPhone but after signing up for Apple Music they have disappeared from my phone. I usually sync them by choosing which playlists to add to my phone. the playlists are self recorded speaks, music I have bought previously, Mp3's I've bought from coaches etc.

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:18 AM

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If it is turned on you cannot sync MP3 from Computer /Mac to iPhone

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn OFF Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on / off Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 2:18 AM in response to gpiil

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If it is turned on you cannot sync MP3 from Computer /Mac to iPhone

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn OFF Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on / off Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

May 28, 2020 2:19 AM in response to gpiil

• Mac Book Air Retina 13" macOS Catalina
  • iPhone SE with iOS 13.5 :- Does not use iCloud Library
  • iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.7 :- uses iCloud Music Library

This is a two Step Process (To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library)

1. Apple Music: Import music (MP3) to Apple Music Library on Mac
  2. Finder: Sync between Apple Music on Mac and iPhone

Watch the GIF for complete process

To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library.

Watch the same GIF as a QT movie file uploaded by me on YouTube:- Transfer MP3 Music from Mac (Catalina) to iPhone (iOS13.3)

Playlists won't sync after turning on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.