Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sprayed carbonated drink on MacAir hit screen and keyboard. not soaked but I blotted up liquid. what should I do?

sprayed carbonatedbeverage when I opened bottle all over screen and keyboard..not soaked, misted...I dabbed up quickly what else should I do/

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 4:24 PM

Most likely you may find some keys begin to stick once the liquid dries if any of the liquid made it under the keycaps. If any liquid got through the gap around the Trackpad especially by the Keyboard, it could cause issues as there is a cable connection on the Trackpad right there that very often gets damaged by liquid seeping through. Otherwise from your description it will probably be Ok. Any damage has already been done and once any corrosion sets in you get a definitive answer. Depends on your luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2019 4:24 PM in response to janz1973GFB

Most likely you may find some keys begin to stick once the liquid dries if any of the liquid made it under the keycaps. If any liquid got through the gap around the Trackpad especially by the Keyboard, it could cause issues as there is a cable connection on the Trackpad right there that very often gets damaged by liquid seeping through. Otherwise from your description it will probably be Ok. Any damage has already been done and once any corrosion sets in you get a definitive answer. Depends on your luck.

sprayed carbonated drink on MacAir hit screen and keyboard. not soaked but I blotted up liquid. what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.