You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing in the iPhone Notes app.

Something has changed this last week and all the photos that were saved / inserted in my Notes app are now gone and instead I see a small icon with “unknown.jpeg” label. I have a lot of important information that I had saved as pictures in notes using the “insert photo” option in notes and now it’s all gone. How do I retrieve these pictures?? These photos showed fine for many months - what has changed last week got this to happen ? It seems there are other users also who reported the Same issue.

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 9:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 6:51 AM

Hi archana48,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not seeing your attached photos in the Notes app.

Are you using iCloud for your Notes? If so, as a test, try to Use iCloud.com from a web browser on a computer and sign in with your Apple ID. Then, click Notes; do you see any attached photos here?

Were these photos stored in your iCloud Photos? Do you still see them in your Photos app, or in the Photos section of iCloud.com?

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and then check your Notes again? If you're using iCloud with Notes, make sure you're on a reliable Wi-Fi network as well to see if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2019 6:51 AM in response to archana48

Hi archana48,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not seeing your attached photos in the Notes app.

Are you using iCloud for your Notes? If so, as a test, try to Use iCloud.com from a web browser on a computer and sign in with your Apple ID. Then, click Notes; do you see any attached photos here?

Were these photos stored in your iCloud Photos? Do you still see them in your Photos app, or in the Photos section of iCloud.com?

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and then check your Notes again? If you're using iCloud with Notes, make sure you're on a reliable Wi-Fi network as well to see if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

Mar 12, 2019 10:18 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden

thanks for the reply. I just checked. All the notes that are saved on my iPhone 10 are configured as yahoo notes not iCloud notes. But I was able to see the photos I had inserted and saved in my yahoo notes within the Apple Notes app totally fine for Several months and then they suddenly they all got replaced with this jpeg icon. Can you pls help me with how I can retrieve these pictures. I had a lot of important info saved as photos in my notes :( Really appreciate your help.

Photos not showing in the iPhone Notes app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.