Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autocad software for iMac

Can you recommend a simple auto cad software program I could use to create 2-D scaled drawings?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 10:11 AM

Hi, ChuckinSt.Charles !

While AutoCAD is, indeed, a specific product it is also possible to secure a fully-licensed copy for free. If one is involved in education as a student or educator, please see this AutoCAD site to obtain a copy.

Have a great day, and good luck !

5 replies

Mar 11, 2019 8:02 AM in response to ChuckinSt.Charles

BTW, Autocad is the name of a specific product. The last I recall, Autocad's developer is Autodesk. Here is a link to their site listing the Mac apps they sell https://www.autodesk.com/products?WindowsOS=false&MacOS=true

First determine what your needs are for a CAD system. There are a number of CAD systems available on the Mac App Store, I would suggest that you begin researching them there and then visiting the developers sites to get more information once you have created a short list apps you are most interested in and see if they fit your needs.

Good luck.

Autocad software for iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.