Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete an unusable number from my contacts list?

When I and my husband traveled overseas we got sim cards with different numbers. I added his new number to his listing in my contacts so that I could call and text him. Now that number seems to be the only one recognized by my iPhone SE, even though I deleted it from my contacts and changed the way my husband is listed there. Although I can call my husband on his regular number, every time I try to text him I get a message that the number has too many digits I.e. it’s using the overseas number (with country code which I never even added.) WHAT’S GOING ON????

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Delete the Message string that you have of his right now. The one with his foreign number is still in there, and may still be found when you go to start a new one. When you go to start a new one to him, either type the number in and let it populate his name, or have him text you again after you delete the old thread, and then respond to that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2019 1:54 PM in response to nechamafromlakewood

Delete the Message string that you have of his right now. The one with his foreign number is still in there, and may still be found when you go to start a new one. When you go to start a new one to him, either type the number in and let it populate his name, or have him text you again after you delete the old thread, and then respond to that.

How do I delete an unusable number from my contacts list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.