Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the default fields when adding a new contact?

Is there any way to add default fields so that new contacts will automatically have the field listed without using the “add custom field”?

I am trying to make all my contacts have the default field of “nickname” without having to manually scroll down to “add custom field” for each contact.

Is there a faster way to do this?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 11:44 PM

Yes. It was the first option I tried.

However, the top three fields are always

First Name

Last Name

Company

i have to scroll to the bottom to “add field-> nickname” then scroll back to top to add it in. It is very time consuming and tedious, especially if I am quickly trying to get 4 or 5 contacts in quickly, and want to use their nickname for a “character name” (playing RPG)

i have been just putting into “company” but that doesn’t come up in text messages.... so I’m often left wondering, “who is Phil? Ah yes... Chondar Atop the Mangled Dead, Barbarian of the North”. It would be nice if it’s just a field that comes up whenever I create a new contact.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 11:44 PM in response to seanfromllanelli

Yes. It was the first option I tried.

However, the top three fields are always

First Name

Last Name

Company

i have to scroll to the bottom to “add field-> nickname” then scroll back to top to add it in. It is very time consuming and tedious, especially if I am quickly trying to get 4 or 5 contacts in quickly, and want to use their nickname for a “character name” (playing RPG)

i have been just putting into “company” but that doesn’t come up in text messages.... so I’m often left wondering, “who is Phil? Ah yes... Chondar Atop the Mangled Dead, Barbarian of the North”. It would be nice if it’s just a field that comes up whenever I create a new contact.

How to change the default fields when adding a new contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.