Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie MAC to iPad

I checked two movies I have in iTunes library to download to iPad. From the screen on the MAC it appear they were transferred to the iPad. I do not have the standard movie icon app and do not see anywhere the movie was downloaded to. How do I get the Apple movie app? How do I view the downloaded movie? All assistance is certainly appreciated.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 8:52 AM

Hi jmsfmtex,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're looking for some content that was synced to your iPad.

While the Videos app for iOS has been replaced by the TV app, there are a few possible places you might find the video. First, try opening the TV app on your iPad, and then tap the "Library" button at the bottom. Do you see the videos here?

Are you referring to movies that were purchased from the iTunes Store? If so, try opening the iTunes Store app and then tap the "..." in the lower right, followed by "Purchased."

You might also try the search function on your iPad to see if you can locate the videos that way. Try swiping down from your Home screen, and then typing the name of one of the videos in the search box: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps in locating your movies.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2019 8:52 AM in response to jmsfmtex

Hi jmsfmtex,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're looking for some content that was synced to your iPad.

While the Videos app for iOS has been replaced by the TV app, there are a few possible places you might find the video. First, try opening the TV app on your iPad, and then tap the "Library" button at the bottom. Do you see the videos here?

Are you referring to movies that were purchased from the iTunes Store? If so, try opening the iTunes Store app and then tap the "..." in the lower right, followed by "Purchased."

You might also try the search function on your iPad to see if you can locate the videos that way. Try swiping down from your Home screen, and then typing the name of one of the videos in the search box: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps in locating your movies.

Take care.

Movie MAC to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.