Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube app not working on apple tv 4k

I've got the apple tv 4k. I've been using it for quite a while now. I watch a lot of YouTube videos on my ATV using the YouTube app. For some reason, tonight the app has stopped allowing me to stream videos. I can open the app and I can see the thumbnails of the different videos, but any video I select to start watching just gives me that spinning set of dots in the middle of the screen like it is searching for the video. I have tried rebooting the ATV, updating it, even deleting some seldom used apps on the ATV. I am able to watch any of the videos using my phone or even my laptop, but still not working on ATV. I even tried deleting the app and re-installing. Still won't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 9:40 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Mar 12, 2019 10:28 PM in response to vazandrew

Seems to be a AirPlay/YouTube issue. I can play YouTube videos on the AppleTV (4th generation) no problem. I can play them on my iPad Pro (2018) no problem. Both are on same network, both have all current software updates, my internet is very fast, and AirPlay has worked for months. This evening, AirPlay won’t work. Try to ‘cast’ from the iPad to Apple TV an just spinning dots, then menu screen, then dots, then menu screen for good. Good to know others are experiencing the same problem. Not just my stuff. I hope they fix it soon.

youtube app not working on apple tv 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.