Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV new iOS messed Youtube App

Hi:

When I upgraded to the new Apple TV OS, the Youtube app started having problems. Whenever I start a video it flickers and loses signal for a few seconds, then the ad plays, and it flickers and loses signal again, then the video plays. I contacted Apple Support and they told me it's Youtube's problem, they need to update their app. I contacted them with no response. Did anyone experience the same problem? check the video I attached for an example of what's going on.

https://youtu.be/jNcc1MjUQLo

Apple TV HD, tvOS 16

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 3:48 AM

Some users have found that it relates to a difference in frame rate of the primary YouTube-content and the frame rates of ads. That may cause a pause as the TV adjusts, if Apple TV is set to “Match Frame Rate”. These users found that it behaves better with that setting OFF, forcing a constant frame rate throughout.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 3:48 AM in response to the matador

Some users have found that it relates to a difference in frame rate of the primary YouTube-content and the frame rates of ads. That may cause a pause as the TV adjusts, if Apple TV is set to “Match Frame Rate”. These users found that it behaves better with that setting OFF, forcing a constant frame rate throughout.

Apple TV new iOS messed Youtube App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.