Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube app problems

This just started yesterday after working great for years. When using the YouTube app on my Apple TV I lose connection from the Apple TV to my television when the app serves up an ad and again when it switches ads or goes back to the video I'm watching. It just loses connection for a couple of seconds while it switches from video to ad and back again (or one ad to the next), but it's enough to make the screen flicker and my TV to search for a signal. I also don't have audio for a couple of seconds when the video resumes. Anyone else?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 9:44 AM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2022 8:35 PM in response to mikeypas

Thanks for your reply. From the display info on my TV it seems that the ads are being served up at a different frame rate (24fps) than the main videos. This is causing my TV to re-sync to the new frame rate, losing some audio and video in the process. It even briefly switches back to the regular frame rate in between ads when there are two ads in a row. I’m going to try to submit this issue to YouTube.

YouTube app problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.