Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture and RAW Olympus OMD EM1 MARK II

My Aperture does not accept RAW files from OMD EM1 MKII.

I try to use the Olympus software together with Aperture

It seems to me that it enters very intrusively into the Aperture library even in Trash.

Has anyone tested Olympus Workspace yet?

Thanks for your opinion.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 5:08 AM

You should be well aware that Apple stopped supporting Aperture about 4 years ago, and the Aperture camera raw database does not get updated so the raw files from your Olympus cannot be read natively by Aperture. If you can open them in the Olympus software then you can export them as tiffs and then open them in Aperture.

Alternatively you can download the Adobe DNG converter, it is free. This will convert your raw files to Adobes .dng file which keeps all the raw data and then you can import them into Aperture.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=6587&fileID=6609

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2019 5:08 AM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

You should be well aware that Apple stopped supporting Aperture about 4 years ago, and the Aperture camera raw database does not get updated so the raw files from your Olympus cannot be read natively by Aperture. If you can open them in the Olympus software then you can export them as tiffs and then open them in Aperture.

Alternatively you can download the Adobe DNG converter, it is free. This will convert your raw files to Adobes .dng file which keeps all the raw data and then you can import them into Aperture.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=6587&fileID=6609

Aperture and RAW Olympus OMD EM1 MARK II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.