Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete favorited folder from Files app

No matter how times I try or what I do, I delete a folder from my favorites bar on the Files iPad Pro app and it's always there when I open it again. The thing is, it doesn't appear on iPhone, only on iPad. And when I try opening the folder, it shows an unknown error message.

I turn off and on the iPad, I delete the app to reinstall it again, and nothing seems to work.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 6:34 PM

Ah, that's it! Turns out it was Dropbox.

I almost forgot, but I had a folder called "Comics" on Dropbox that ended up deleting and for some reason, the fav was still on the side bar, so I decided to create another folder with the same name on Dropbox, clicking it on the side bar to see it redirected me to that one (instead of showing me the 'Content not available' message from my screenshot) and then I was able to delete the fav from the bar and the folder itself.

So yeah, it was a thing of bad sync with a non-existing Dropbox folder.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 6:34 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Ah, that's it! Turns out it was Dropbox.

I almost forgot, but I had a folder called "Comics" on Dropbox that ended up deleting and for some reason, the fav was still on the side bar, so I decided to create another folder with the same name on Dropbox, clicking it on the side bar to see it redirected me to that one (instead of showing me the 'Content not available' message from my screenshot) and then I was able to delete the fav from the bar and the folder itself.

So yeah, it was a thing of bad sync with a non-existing Dropbox folder.

Mar 14, 2019 12:12 PM in response to nmlss

Hi nmlss,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to delete a folder in your Files app on your iPad, and I'm glad to see how I can help.

First, I noticed you have Dropbox added; by any chance, is that folder syncing from Dropbox? Knowing this would help narrow things down.

Have you checked iCloud.com from a computer? You may be able to Use iCloud.com and then click Files to see if it shows up here; since it's not appearing on your other devices, you may not see it on the website. If it doesn't, that will at least help determine where the folder is coming from.

I hope this helps get you started.

Cheers!

Can't delete favorited folder from Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.