Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed carriers and can’t get voicemail at all

with my old carrier I had visual voicemail since I changed carriers today I can’t get voicemail at all. It won’t let me put in a code and when someone calls it says “invalid “now both my phones don’t have voicemail of any kind. My old iPhone is still with my old carrier a 5s and it doesn’t get voicemail either. So my newer phone is a 7se and I changed carriers with it today and the problem started. Now both phones have the same problem.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 3:31 PM

According to: Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

Get help with Visual Voicemail

If you can't set up Visual Voicemail, contact your carrier to make sure that your plan supports the feature

If you need help, try these steps. Check your Visual Voicemail after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Check for a carrier-bundle update: Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a message will ask you to update.
  3. To check your cellular network connection, try to call someone. 
  4. Make sure that you set up your voicemail. To check, dial your own phone number from your iPhone and leave yourself a message.
  5. Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
  6. Go to the keypad and press and hold on the 1, or press the Call Voicemail button. This dials voicemail. Check if you have any missed messages.
  7. On the Voicemail screen, tap Greeting. Then change your greeting—either custom or default. 
  8. If you have more than one cellular plan on your iPhone, try switching to the other plan. Call the first number and try to leave a message.
  9. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
  10. If you still need help, contact your carrier.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2019 3:31 PM in response to jannette239

According to: Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

Get help with Visual Voicemail

If you can't set up Visual Voicemail, contact your carrier to make sure that your plan supports the feature

If you need help, try these steps. Check your Visual Voicemail after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Check for a carrier-bundle update: Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a message will ask you to update.
  3. To check your cellular network connection, try to call someone. 
  4. Make sure that you set up your voicemail. To check, dial your own phone number from your iPhone and leave yourself a message.
  5. Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
  6. Go to the keypad and press and hold on the 1, or press the Call Voicemail button. This dials voicemail. Check if you have any missed messages.
  7. On the Voicemail screen, tap Greeting. Then change your greeting—either custom or default. 
  8. If you have more than one cellular plan on your iPhone, try switching to the other plan. Call the first number and try to leave a message.
  9. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
  10. If you still need help, contact your carrier.

I changed carriers and can’t get voicemail at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.