Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone backup restore using itunes. It asks for a password, then I changed password, but still itunes says the pasword is not correct

iphone backup restore using itunes. It asks for a password, then I changed password, but still itunes says the pasword is not correct.

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 10:32 AM

You can't change the password for an existing encrypted backup. You set the password when you first enabled encrypted backups in iTunes. If you can not remember the password, you will not be able to restore that backup at all.

There is no back door or workaround for this. That's the entire point of encrypting the backup. It can't be used without the correct password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 10:32 AM in response to mh1962

You can't change the password for an existing encrypted backup. You set the password when you first enabled encrypted backups in iTunes. If you can not remember the password, you will not be able to restore that backup at all.

There is no back door or workaround for this. That's the entire point of encrypting the backup. It can't be used without the correct password.

iphone backup restore using itunes. It asks for a password, then I changed password, but still itunes says the pasword is not correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.