Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install InDesign on an iPad

I am needing to upgrade my computer in the office, and was thinking of going with a Macbook for the convenience of always having it with me in case a work emergency came up and I needed access to all files. I know the screens aren't the best for graphic work, but thought I could connect to my current monitor?

I was also wondering would an iPad be an option? Never tried to download Adobe CC to one. Would it work?

Thanks

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 10:03 AM

Based on what you've outlined here, the Macbook is the better option for you. You can get scaled down versions of Adobe, but at this time, the full CC suite is not yet available for iPad. Adobe has stated something is in the works on that, but it's not guaranteed until something is actually released. I love my iPad Pro 11 very much. But it's not a replacement for a laptop and I think based on your needs the Macbook would be best solution for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2019 10:03 AM in response to Jim Szeplaki

Based on what you've outlined here, the Macbook is the better option for you. You can get scaled down versions of Adobe, but at this time, the full CC suite is not yet available for iPad. Adobe has stated something is in the works on that, but it's not guaranteed until something is actually released. I love my iPad Pro 11 very much. But it's not a replacement for a laptop and I think based on your needs the Macbook would be best solution for you.

Mar 19, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Jim Szeplaki

The closest/approximation of Adobe InDesign on iOS is Adobe Comp CC app, but is not a great replacement for InDesign on the iOS/iPad platform.

Most of Adobe’s apps on iOS are more simplified and Photoshop for iOS, currently, is broken down into smaller task apps where you have to bounce an image to each smaller Photoshop task app to app, to be able to do major edits on an image.

Adobe has no full versions of the creative suite, yet, for iOS.

Adobe has promised a 1st version, full Photoshop for sometime this year. No specific date given, though.

Can I install InDesign on an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.