Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Profile for BenQ BL3201PT on Mac mini (2018)

Hi all,

I connected my new Mac mini (2018) to a BenQ BL3201PT monitor via HDMI cable. The default display profile is 'HD 709-A' but the colors don't seem to be right as there is no noticeable difference between white and lighter shades of gray for example.

Is this a known issue with this monitor? How can it be fixed?

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2019 10:25 AM

I tried the different calibration options, but none of them lead to an acceptable result. However, the USB-C-to-DisplayPort cable I ordered arrived today and solved the problem for me. Guess HDMI-to-HDMI isn't working properly, at least not with my BenQ monitor.

Similar questions

11 replies

Mar 20, 2019 4:21 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks, but I tried that before. The calibration options are very limited though. In fact, all it lets me do is to change the target white point. There is also no 'Expert Mode' anymore in macOS Mojave it seems.

Perhaps it's the connection? The same monitor works just fine with my MacBook Pro (2015) with a Thunderbolt2-to-DisplayPort cable. I ordered a USB-C-to-DisplayPort cable now. Maybe that does the trick :-)

Mar 20, 2019 5:26 AM in response to McDoodles

Expert Mode can still be accessed, before pressing the Calibrate button press and hold the option key down whilst clicking on Calibrate.

All monitors need to be calibrated, expert mode in System Preferences>Displays>Colour will offer greater flexibility than in standard mode but there is no substitute for using a proper screen calibration device.

Display Profile for BenQ BL3201PT on Mac mini (2018)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.