Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor LG 27UK650-W doesn't show grey colors properly with mac mini 2018

I have a mac nini 2018 connected to a LG 27UK650-W via USB-C to displayPort and I cannot see the whole grey scale colors. I suppose must be an calibration issue but I cannot solve the problem. It's the second monitor that I have bought for this computer. The first PHILIPS was a totally disaster and I had to return it. The LG works better but is not fine at all. Some suggestion? I'll apreciate it.

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 6:03 AM

neomode wrote:

I cannot see the whole grey scale colors.

The gray scale colors where, in what preference, utility or program?

I suppose must be an calibration issue but I cannot solve the problem.

To select a different Color Profile, Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Color > uncheck "Show profiles for this display only" and select the best one from that list.

To Calibrate in Expert Mode, go to Apple > System Preferences > Display > Color and hold the Alt (option) key while clicking on the Calibrate... button.

The LG works better but is not fine at all. Some suggestion?

Go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display and make sure that Display Contrast is set to "Normal"

Some suggestion?

If you have connected and disconnected, and/or tried setting up and adjusting the profile for a different display, then you may want or need to reset the Mac NVRAM. as per > Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2019 6:03 AM in response to neomode

neomode wrote:

I cannot see the whole grey scale colors.

The gray scale colors where, in what preference, utility or program?

I suppose must be an calibration issue but I cannot solve the problem.

To select a different Color Profile, Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Color > uncheck "Show profiles for this display only" and select the best one from that list.

To Calibrate in Expert Mode, go to Apple > System Preferences > Display > Color and hold the Alt (option) key while clicking on the Calibrate... button.

The LG works better but is not fine at all. Some suggestion?

Go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display and make sure that Display Contrast is set to "Normal"

Some suggestion?

If you have connected and disconnected, and/or tried setting up and adjusting the profile for a different display, then you may want or need to reset the Mac NVRAM. as per > Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Monitor LG 27UK650-W doesn't show grey colors properly with mac mini 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.