Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Benq GL2450 cannot be connected as external monitor to macbook pro

I am not able to see anything on the monitor that I connect my macboook pro M1 2020. I am able to see the monitor in the displays menu but not able see anything on the monitor. Can anyone help me on this issue.

The monitor I am using is Benq GL2450.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:00 AM

You can not "stack" adapters. in general, you need to make the transition from computer output to display input in at most ONE adapter, with few exceptions.

You could use this US$69 AV adapter instead of the one you are using::

USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter - Apple

--------

One exception to adapter-stacking is that HDMI can be freely converted to single-Link DVI, the 'Other" input on your display, because it just reshuffles the signals. So you could use an HDMI-to DVI adapter/cable for displays up to 1920 wide, which yours is:

Monoprice High Speed HDMI Cable to DVI Adapter Cable 6ft - with Ferrite Cores Black - Product # 2404 - $9.99

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Jude_felix

You can not "stack" adapters. in general, you need to make the transition from computer output to display input in at most ONE adapter, with few exceptions.

You could use this US$69 AV adapter instead of the one you are using::

USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter - Apple

--------

One exception to adapter-stacking is that HDMI can be freely converted to single-Link DVI, the 'Other" input on your display, because it just reshuffles the signals. So you could use an HDMI-to DVI adapter/cable for displays up to 1920 wide, which yours is:

Monoprice High Speed HDMI Cable to DVI Adapter Cable 6ft - with Ferrite Cores Black - Product # 2404 - $9.99

Jan 9, 2022 3:55 PM in response to Jude_felix

Hello Jude_felix,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're not seeing anything on the monitor connected to your Mac. We'll be glad to assist.

Please start by completing each step here: If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry on your Mac - Apple Support

If you need more help, please follow this: Connect a display to your Mac - Apple Support

Have a nice day.

Jan 10, 2022 5:35 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I am using the apple's usb-c to digital av adaptor. I am connecting it to the monitor that has only VGI support and an adaptor for VGA to HDMI.

So there is a VGA cable from monitor connected to a VGA-HDMI adapter which is connected to the usb-c adaptor to my mac.

I tried with both the ports on the mac and tried with and without power attached as well.

Benq GL2450 cannot be connected as external monitor to macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.