Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management login wont appear

Hi,

I have recently received an ipad from my friend who works in a school.

He gave it to me as a gift since the school is upgrading their devices to newer versions.

He claimed that the ipad is now out of their systems. He gave me a username and password just in case i meet remote management in the setup. I am in a different country right now.

So i met the remote management page during setup but i do not have the option to enter my username and password since it says: the configuration for your ipad could not be downloaded. The configuration is not available.

i am stuck between this page and the page where it says update completed. i cannot go back to change anything with the time zone etc. and the remote management login page wont appear.

I tried restoring the ipad in recovery mode, connecting to several different wifi and hotspots, still the login for remote management does not appear.

I contacted the school as well and the claim that the ipad is now out of their system and i should not meet remote management during setup.

How can i solve this?

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 8:44 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2019 1:44 PM in response to shahrzad273

Hello shahrzad273,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're running into an issue with Mobile Device Management.

To clarify, were you able to complete the restore of the iPad in recovery mode, or did you run into an error along the way? If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you seeing any of the screens shown in this resource? Get started with a supervised iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

This may be a case where you'll need to get back in contact with the person who gave you the iPad since it does sound like it's still under Mobile Device Management, but the steps above may be useful!

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

Remote Management login wont appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.