Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists aren't syncing from iTunes to iPhone

I've made numerous attempts to sync my playlists on iTunes with my iPhone, and none of the alternatives for doing so is working (e.g. I've tried selecting the playlists I want to sync when I'm working on the device page in iTunes, and clicking on sync; and, I've tried to manually drag them to my device on the iTunes start page).

If this helps, I've noticed when I try to drag the playlists to my device, the box flashes blue three times. I'm sure this is trying to tell me something.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2019 9:22 PM

Thank you for your help. I had performed all the steps you listed above, prior to posting my message. However, your advice to check my Windows firewall settings seemed to do the trick. Bonjour was listed, but the public box was checked, not the private. When I changed it to private, then rebooted my computer, moving the playlists over from iTunes worked. Again, thanks so much!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2019 9:22 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thank you for your help. I had performed all the steps you listed above, prior to posting my message. However, your advice to check my Windows firewall settings seemed to do the trick. Bonjour was listed, but the public box was checked, not the private. When I changed it to private, then rebooted my computer, moving the playlists over from iTunes worked. Again, thanks so much!

Mar 21, 2019 7:26 PM in response to OkieInCO

Hello OkieInCO, 

Thanks for reaching out here on the Apple Support Communities! I see from your message that you haven’t been able to sync your playlists from iTunes to your iPhone. I know how important my music is to me and am happy to help. 

First, double check that you have available storage on your iPhone: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Next, double check the steps in this article to be sure that you’ve covered all the basics: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer. If there are any error messages which pop-up be sure to make a note of the message. Lastly if the issue is persisting, check to see that there aren’t any possible issues occurring between iTunes and any third-party security software you may be running. Check out this article for more information: Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software

Let us know the results. 

Cheers!

Playlists aren't syncing from iTunes to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.