Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't charge my iphone with my macbook

I have the iPhone 6S and the macbook Retina Pro. Whenever I try to connect my iPhone to my mac via a usb cable my phone keeps on connecting and disconnecting constantly and barely charges. I have tried different cables and both usb ports. Sometimes my mac tells me that I need to install an application but when I click on install it tells me that the software is not available. I also log in to my iTunes account but it doesn't sync with my phone. Sometimes it tells me to open my phone but when I do so nothing comes up on the screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 1:37 PM

Hello,

Do you have the latest version of macOS on your Mac? Latest version is: 10.14.3

Do you have the latest version of iTunes? Latest version is 12.9.2.5

Also see this:

If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Good luck.

3 replies

Mar 20, 2019 2:16 PM in response to iloveapple24

I’ve experienced this on iPad mini 2 and I believe it’s related to low battery levels, because it only seems to happen when the percentage falls below 30%.

Others have also reported similar but not all consider its battery related, some suggest cable and others the port, but whatever is the route cause the same result occurs, a beeping sound plus notice of an update that then fails because it’s not available.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/344923/cant-install-the-software-because-it-is-not-currently-available-from-the-softwa

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/327310/a-software-update-is-required-to-connect-to-your-ios-device-iphone

I’m not sure what the solution is at the moment and the only work around (for me) is not to let the iPad battery fall below 30%.

It would be interesting if anyone on this forum has any thoughts on this subject because I’m now thinking it’s power related, whether that’s low current in the device itself when battery falls to a certain level or the fact the supply can’t provide what’s needed if you let the devices battery fall too low.

Can't charge my iphone with my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.