Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BofA App not working on Apple Watch 4

I've agreed to the terms and conditions in the BofA Settings profile and reinstalled the BofA app on my phone. I have also reinstalled the app several times on my Apple watch and it just doesn't work. It starts and flashes Bank of America across the top of the watch face then spins the loading dots for a few seconds and then just exits. Any help would b appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 4:55 PM

28 replies

Mar 20, 2019 5:06 PM in response to noegowego

I just updated the App a few seconds ago. I have had it on my iPhone and watch for years. Are you having similar problems with any of your other Apps? Does it show up on your Apple Watch App on your iPhone. You might try rebooting both your iPhone and Watch as a last resort. Make sure you have the latest software updates for both your iPhone and Watch. Good luck.

Mar 20, 2019 5:49 PM in response to noegowego

I just bought my first Apple Watch this past Sunday. I called Apple Support last night to report this exact issue with the BofA app and I was told to contact Bank of America since they are the developer of the app. But it seems like it’s an Apple Watch issue since it works fine for some users but not others. I’ve been googling this issue since I got the watch so thanks for posting this!!!

Mar 21, 2019 1:59 PM in response to noegowego

It doesn't matter what you were told by BofA, the issue is on their side and Apple can't do ANYTHING to make the Bank of America App for Apple Watch work. It's still not functional on my side. I too let the Bank know. They have to fix this. Apple can't at all.

Again, Apple doesn't own the app, nor the source code within the App. All Apple does is host the app in their App Store. If it doesn't work, which for you and me is clear (and likely for just about everyone else who tries to use the App), only Bank of America can fix it.

Mar 21, 2019 6:19 PM in response to noegowego

I have this problem too and have tried all known steps. I've called apple.. I've called BOA and they also put me thorough their basic troubleshooting - ended up putting in an ticket for the tech team.. Tech team never called me back.. Called BOA yesterday - same deal - they put in a ticket and the girl said she would call me back. I did not get a call back. I've tried re-installing, repairing, re- everything mutliple times. I will say that I had the apple watch 4 without cellular for a few days and I swear that the app worked at least once. Then I swapped for the cellular version - and the app hasn't worked once. Very annoying!!

Mar 22, 2019 6:09 PM in response to noegowego

I knew no one (BofA nor Apple) would accept responsibility for this issue and that would be difficult trying to convince either one of these giants that it’s their problem. It’s silly and crazy that in this day and age, something like this hasn’t already been addressed. If you are an Apple die hard, I don’t need you to reply to this with your two cents about this being BofA’s problem. They are partners in the end so a solution should come from both of them.

Mar 22, 2019 6:26 PM in response to technologied

So you can add your two cents, but other's can't?

It is not within Apple's ability to do anything to make a 3rd party app work. Apple doesn't own or have access to BofA's code. All Apple can do is either approve the app for hosing in the App Store. Or Apple can determine the app is not working and they can remove it. Nothing more. Period, end of story.

Mar 22, 2019 7:41 PM in response to technologied

How did you come to the conclusion they are partners? I've never seen any financial news that Apple became a partner with BoA. If you buy lettuce at your grocery store that was contaminated with E Coli at the source is the store a partner too?

I'm sure Apple would be more than happy to provide assistance to BoA, or the contractor they use to develop their app, if they were asked. But since the app does open, goes to the spinning cog showing it is attempting to connect with the BoA server, and then crashes out when it cannot, this is on BoA. It really doesn't surprise me, I had a past problem with them where they claimed the problem was with Safari, then it was any browser because I was on a Mac, then was Internet Explorer on a PC, then Chrome and Firefox on a PC, then Windows 8 and finally Windows 10. And somehow it turned out to be BoA.

If BoA gives Apple complete unrestricted access to their servers I'm sure Apple could help them. I also thing that will never happen.

Mar 27, 2019 4:11 PM in response to noegowego

There was an update from Bank of America today stating the update was specifically for the Apple Watch App Crash.

Once I updated, it still didn't work, but I decided to reboot my watch and VOILA, the Bank of America App on Apple Watch works.

Make sure you update the app on your iPhone, then try to open in on the watch. If it hangs, reboot your watch and it should work.

BofA App not working on Apple Watch 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.