Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom Enabled - randomly appears during browsing

Zoom enabled keeps appearing on my iPhone 6 while I’m browsing - and always cuts off my browsing. I’ve switched off the zoom feature in settings but it hasn’t helped - and iOS updates haven’t addressed it either. Please can anyone suggest a fix?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 21, 2019 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2019 10:17 PM

Are you sure you turned off Zoom in Settings? There are 2 similarly named features that do different things, Zoom and Magnifier. The one you'll want to turn off is Zoom, in Settings>General>Accessibility.

If you find this coming up frequently, even after you've turned it off, it's possible that Zoom is in your Accessibility Shortcut, and is getting activated by mistake with a triple home/side button press. You can check in Settings>General>Accessibility Shortcut. If there's a checkmark next to Zoom, make sure it is unchecked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2019 10:17 PM in response to Gemini_TechNO

Are you sure you turned off Zoom in Settings? There are 2 similarly named features that do different things, Zoom and Magnifier. The one you'll want to turn off is Zoom, in Settings>General>Accessibility.

If you find this coming up frequently, even after you've turned it off, it's possible that Zoom is in your Accessibility Shortcut, and is getting activated by mistake with a triple home/side button press. You can check in Settings>General>Accessibility Shortcut. If there's a checkmark next to Zoom, make sure it is unchecked.

Zoom Enabled - randomly appears during browsing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.