Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro is showing problems using bootcamp

I recently had to get a new MacBook because my previous one had begun to have trouble locating either Windows or MacOS startup disk when booting. I just purchased a new MacBook Pro and have been using it for the past week and today, while restarting my computer from Windows to use MacOS again, the computer went right into recovery mode.

After restarting the computer again, I managed to get my computer to load into MacOS however when I tried to open any application, it would do the opening animation but would not finish opening.

Does anyone know why my computer might be doing this? It seems obvious to me that there is a problem with the bootcamp but I'm not sure what that might be. I want to be able to use bootcamp but not if it ends up screwing up my computer like my old one.

Here is the link to the post I made about my old computer if that helps:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250202594

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 21, 2019 8:26 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 22, 2019 7:15 AM in response to Loner T

My model is a 2017 model. MacOS works properly, it just had that one time when I tried to reboot from Windows into MacOS where it automatically launched recovery mode and then when I got it to load into MacOS, it wouldn't let me open any applications.

As of right now MacOS is working perfectly but I'm hesitant to load Windows again because I don't want there to be anymore problems.

Mar 23, 2019 12:38 PM in response to Loner T

I did both of these steps and it successfully booted into Windows, however from Windows, in the bootcamp tool in the taskbar, when I select "restart using MacOS" it gives me a popup saying "Could not locate the MacOS boot volume". Not sure if this is normal because if I simply restart my computer and hold the option key, I can load MacOS.

New MacBook Pro is showing problems using bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.