Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with USB tethering MacBook Pro Retina 2015 running Mojave with iPhone XS

I am trying to tether my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, running Mojave 10.14.3) to my iPhone Xs via USB. Since upgrading to Mojave, this no longer works. Network locations are only available for Thunderbolt 1, 2, and Bridge—no iPhone USB. Screenshot here:

How can this be fixed?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2019 7:53 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2019 3:22 PM in response to pkrishnamurthy

Hey there, pkrishnamurthy

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities regarding your iPhone tether not showing in network settings on your Mac.  I’d be happy to help!

You mentioned that your Mac isn’t detecting your iPhone in network settings, are you prompted to trust the iPhone when plugged into your Mac?  Check out: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If not, check out: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

I'd also recommend trying to connect another device to your Mac, or try tethering the iPhone to another computer.

Let us know the results and take care!

Problems with USB tethering MacBook Pro Retina 2015 running Mojave with iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.