Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload an album from Photos to Facebook and keep the album title?

I used iPhoto for years by creating an album in iPhoto, then selecting the photos in that album and sharing to Facebook. The same album name was created in Facebook, and only the photos in that album would appear in it. With the new Photos software, I created an album, uploaded the photos to Facebook, but they are all dumped into an album called MacOS Photos. So, how do I upload the photos in an album and keep the same album title on Facebook?

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 12:19 AM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2019 2:08 AM in response to mioumiou

There are a few user tips on how to migrate from iPhoto to Photos: You may want to have a quick look

The Photos User Guide: Photos 4.0 User Guide:Welcome to Photos on Mac - Apple Support

As to Facebook:

When I click "Add Photos or Videos" on Facebook, I will see a file chooser window like this:

If you are not seeing your Photos Library in this panel you may need to make the Photos Library your System Photo Library Only the System Photo Library will be shown in the Media Browser.

Launch Photos, if it is not yet open. Go to the "Photos" menu:

• Photos > Preferences > General.
  • If the button "Use as System photos Library" is not yet grand out, click it. Then restart Photos and your web browser.

Mar 23, 2019 2:19 AM in response to mioumiou

Which version of Photos are you using?

Apple has removed the sharing commands to share to facebook or Flickr completely in the most recent version of Photos and from macOs 10.14 Mojave. You are lucky that you can still share to facebook from Photos at all.

If you want to have separate albums in facebook go to your Facebook webpage and start the upload to facebook from the facebook webpage. You can see your Photos Library in the Media Browser. When you try to select photos for uploading scroll down all the way in the file chooser dialog, until you are seeing "Media" in the sidebar. Click Media, then Photos, and wait for the Photos Library to show the albums. That can take a while.

Mar 23, 2019 5:58 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for letting me know. I have Mojave on the iMac, but for my photos, I am on my early 2011 Macbook Pro with El Capitan 10.11.6.

I still have iPhoto, which I prefer, but switched over to Photos 2 years ago. I should probably run through a quick tutorial on the Mojave version, as I miss my "Events" in iPhoto. Plus, uploading albums to FB in iPhoto was a breeze, retaining album titles. Fortunately, I roll with the times and will adapt! I tried looking for Photos using the upload feature from FB and couldn't find the photos. Only the older ones in iPhoto showed up.

Most of the time, I edit and upload single photos to FB from my Samsung S9.

Again, thanks for responding.

How do I upload an album from Photos to Facebook and keep the album title?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.