Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing photos from albums

I am trying to upload photos from an album to a Facebook album but not all and sometimes none of the photos appear in the album. Sometimes when I go back later to do it they will all be available and I haven't changed anything to make them appear that I am aware of.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 1:42 AM

OK - only other thing I can think of

What does the sync status say at the bottom of the all photos view. It is possible if a sync is still ongoing that some items might not be available during.

If sync is complete (updated just now) the only other thing I can suggest is try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Jo.Morrish

OK - only other thing I can think of

What does the sync status say at the bottom of the all photos view. It is possible if a sync is still ongoing that some items might not be available during.

If sync is complete (updated just now) the only other thing I can suggest is try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

May 15, 2022 1:28 AM in response to Jo.Morrish

OK

Which camera, and which format of file (Jpg or raw)

Are you syncing your mac with iCloud at all?

Where is the library stored? If it is on an external drive, what is the format?

The files that don't appear in the picker - what do you see. A blank thumbnail, or just not showing at all? Are you able to export these files to a folder using file>export?

Do you have MacOS 10.15, as shown in your first post?

Missing photos from albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.