Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather Widget on my iMac not working

My Weather Widget for last 2 days has been blank no info for weather. Is anyone else having this issue? Please advise if there is a way to fix this. I am giving you a screen shot without my town in it.

Thank you for all your help.

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 8:27 AM

Hi again Frank. Click on the Notification Center icon on the far right of the menu bar, click "Edit" at the bottom of the panel that opens, then click the green dot next to Weather. Then click Done at the bottom.

Similar questions

43 replies

Mar 23, 2019 8:36 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Also mentioned in the Mojave forums here:

Dashboard weather widget no longer works? - Apple Community

Note the Weather Widget is a combined Apple/Yahoo product so the problem could be with either party.

Searching the web for mac dashboard weather widget stopped also turns up a lot of hits, some old, some new.

The Stocks widget is also a joint Apple/Yahoo thing and it works for me.

Mar 28, 2019 9:05 AM in response to Limnos

Thats why I told kimmy about that did not want to get too technical on her. I am glad you backed me up on that. I wanted the weather channel app as well but if not in store I do not get any others apps unless from the store but on that website I do not trust that one. She really should uninstall it and remove all date from it using Easy Find in app store and its free I used it once in a while and when it finds something that should not be there I go to revel in finder and look at it then destroy it. This works really good you select the volumes and right click on revel in finder and see what it is if its ok then keep it if not deleted it. Here is screen shot for anyone wanting to use this app from apple store.

Mar 31, 2019 2:25 PM in response to MagicBoy

Well what I did was to delete the widget and paid for classic weather and have it it my finder bar and also in the dock as well. Love it always works perfect. I check it with weather channel and it seems to be on target most of he time. Try to download it and try it out you will not be disappointed it awesome I even gave a review on it as well. But my does not show up for some reason? Go figure. But app is worth the money not much at all. So I deleted it off mission control and downloaded classic weather from Apple store I know you will like it and be happy with it. I will send a screen **** below of it for you.

Have a good day and enjoy this app.

I also have the review I did for it.

Mar 23, 2019 7:27 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

This is an on/off type situation. It isn't the widget itself, it's the Internet feed from whatever service provides it to each widget. I have 3 weather widgets on my computer and one is working right now. The other two were working last week when I last checked, but 3 weeks ago there was a similar topic to this because the Apple widget was not working (but my other two were).

So don't expect a system update to do anything, particularly since the classic widgets are being deprecated.

Accuweather.com is working right now but not Apple's, or Weather Underground.

Mar 23, 2019 8:43 AM in response to dialabrain

ok thanks but now I purchased the classical weather from the apple store and deleted that widget from mission control no longer want it if not working. It is gone now. And have the classical weather app. Maybe next update it will get fixed. I have Yahoo account and it my main email so for it not to work in mission control is crazy. I select my city on hime page and works great too. I just liked the widget for quick looks.

Mar 23, 2019 9:00 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

As I already said, it is highly unlikely a system update will fix this. I can think of one case about a decade ago where yes, it did fix it, but in most incidences it was a feed problem. Your widget is probably working fine, it just isn't getting the data because it is being provided by some forgotten ancient computer running in the dusty basement somewhere because they have moved onto other things.

Mar 28, 2019 8:58 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Valid point, plus note this one isn't coming from the Weather Channel itself but from a third party provider. Still, I had a look at the package contents and nothing was dated as being modified since 2010. Not that modification dates are set in stone but at least no initial red flags. The other question is whether or not a 10 year old widget will work under a newer OS.

I do note the Weather channel does not have the widget on its own site.

Mar 31, 2019 2:14 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Same problem here, looks like Yahoo/Oath whoever they are might have shutdown the website the widget queries.

I've got some older Mac so fired up my PowerBook G4 running 10.5 Leopard. The weather widget on that uses AccuWeather data and still works perfectly. Copied it off,, installed it ... but unfortunately doesn't work on 10.14. Suppose it was worth a try.

Weather Widget on my iMac not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.