Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard weather widget no longer works?

So the pre-installed Weather Channel/Yahoo widget apparently no longer works? Has the support for it ended and should I remove it? I've restarted my laptop and it wouldn't load up the weather for my city, after some experimentation (restarting the Dock, removing the widget and adding it back, changing the city) I can't seem to get it to work. Is it no longer supported, and if so, are there any good replacements in widget form?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2019 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2019 9:44 AM

Welcome!

Not working on my 2017 iMac 5K or my MacBook Pro, both with High Sierra, either. As this is a partnership with Yahoo, it could have been deprecated by either party. Best action on the Apple side is to report it using this feedback link:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

I will also report it. Thanks for bring it up.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2019 9:44 AM in response to chill22dude

Welcome!

Not working on my 2017 iMac 5K or my MacBook Pro, both with High Sierra, either. As this is a partnership with Yahoo, it could have been deprecated by either party. Best action on the Apple side is to report it using this feedback link:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

I will also report it. Thanks for bring it up.

Mar 22, 2019 10:08 AM in response to chill22dude

I checked some other widgets. The movie widget powered by Fandango works but no longer picks up our town, instead showing only Spokane WA theaters, two hours away. The Yahoo Stocks widgets seems OK as does the clock widget. I have two really old third-party widgets on my MacBooK Pro and they appear OK, although neither relies on outside data.

Thanks for putting a time frame on this. I'd not checked the weather via Dashboard for a couple of months so didn't have a good handle on when it might have gone walkabout.

Dashboard weather widget no longer works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.