Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music stops playing music, randomly, on Android.

For the past week, Apple Music has been very sporadic. It will just stop playing music, for no reason. Sometimes, it will show that it is playing, but it's not actually playing.

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 3:14 PM

I am having this problem too. Ever since the last major app update that occurred 2 - 3 weeks ago, my music just stops playing at the end of random songs. If I press play, the song will play again, but music will stop again at the end of the song and it will not move on to the next one. I have to move to the next song manually. The song it gets stuck on is completely random and it happens when playing through all the devices I have tested. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and re-downloading all my music and still the problem persists. My music is saved to an SD card in case that matters.

For me, this is highly annoying and renders the app unusable. Having to try and press play all the time while driving is probably going to get me killed. If this issue isn't fixed soon I'm going to move to a different music service.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 3:14 PM in response to Putis

I am having this problem too. Ever since the last major app update that occurred 2 - 3 weeks ago, my music just stops playing at the end of random songs. If I press play, the song will play again, but music will stop again at the end of the song and it will not move on to the next one. I have to move to the next song manually. The song it gets stuck on is completely random and it happens when playing through all the devices I have tested. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and re-downloading all my music and still the problem persists. My music is saved to an SD card in case that matters.

For me, this is highly annoying and renders the app unusable. Having to try and press play all the time while driving is probably going to get me killed. If this issue isn't fixed soon I'm going to move to a different music service.

Mar 28, 2019 4:24 AM in response to Putis

So typically, about half an hour after posting my last message I turned my phone on and off and searched for an update for the Apple Music app. There was a new update available which I downloaded and installed, and as far as I can tell, it has fixed all of my playback issues. I haven't had any songs stop playing since.

Glad it has been fixed. Just a shame it took about a month to happen without any acknowledgement from Apple regarding the issue. Hopefully there is an update available to you too and it fixes your issues!

Apple Music stops playing music, randomly, on Android.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.