Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My homepod keeps dropping the bass and just playing with the treble.

https://youtu.be/35HaTnLYe1M

My homepod keeps dropping the bass and just playing with the treble. it also seems it only uses the bottom element as this happens. this is when i play audio and when siri talks. happenes around once every couple of minutes.

this is a brand new homepod i started to use since around 4 days ago and the error has been there from the beginning.

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 12:51 PM

19 replies

Mar 26, 2019 4:31 AM in response to dEEPZoNE

If it’s near an object. It might interpret it as a wall and cause dead sound on parts if it. Give it some breathing room

Try moving it again, picking it up and giving it a gentle rocking motion. This way it knows it got moved and needs to recalibrate.

It’s designed to know where it is, and to adjust to a new spot

solid wood surface also tends to increase bass

Apr 8, 2019 5:17 PM in response to dEEPZoNE

They do suggest 6 inches away from a wall and yours looks quite close to the wall, have you tried pulling it out a bit more?

Place HomePod on a solid surface, anywhere in the room. Make sure that it's 6 - 12 inches away from any wall or corner with at least 6 inches of space around it. HomePod senses where its placed, then automatically analyzes the acoustics in the room, steering music in the optimal direction.

mind you, I have mine near a wall lol

Apr 8, 2019 6:36 PM in response to dEEPZoNE

I’m curious if it’s certain models having issues with the bass and certain models that lost pairing in the recent update (another issue)

although i got all three homepods different times, they are all the same model MQHV2C/A

on the forum, the other day, a user posted a screenshot of their settings ( they’d lost pairing) and I noted it had a different model number than mine.

just curious... if you could post your model numbers before taking them back?

also they dropped the price on them this week. I got refunded the $50 I’d just spent days prior

My homepod keeps dropping the bass and just playing with the treble.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.