Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upgrade my old Logic Studio Retail?

I have a Logic Studio retail pack that I bought around 2007.

I heard I can use my old license for a full upgrade to the latest version. Anyone know how to go about doing this? I never registered my old key, so I have no idea where to enter it to get the latest version registered in my app store/account.

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 3:34 PM

No, you can't do that.

To go to Logic X will cost the app store price. Having said that, the price is way lower from when I upgraded from 6 to 7, then 7 to 8, then 8 to 9 and finally 9 to X.

Since X, there was no more to pay so I was quite happy with that. So to sum up, the purchase price of Logic X is way lower than the upgrade price used to be.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2019 3:34 PM in response to the90049

No, you can't do that.

To go to Logic X will cost the app store price. Having said that, the price is way lower from when I upgraded from 6 to 7, then 7 to 8, then 8 to 9 and finally 9 to X.

Since X, there was no more to pay so I was quite happy with that. So to sum up, the purchase price of Logic X is way lower than the upgrade price used to be.

How do I upgrade my old Logic Studio Retail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.